Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Message from Department Chair  (Read 2076 times)
admin
Administrator

Email
« on: January 12, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »

Dear Senior Project students,

For some reason this term several 2nd and 3rd year students have enrolled in the Senior Project course. As Department Chair, I cannot approve this situation as it has a less than satisfactory impact on the overall level of the project experience, the process and the final exhibition. Further, it is not fair to the actual seniors to have less than qualified students working through this project course.
So, as of today, Thursday Jan. 12, only 4th year students will be allowed in this course. All 2nd year students must drop or withdraw. See the deadlines for this on the University site. 3rd year students will be allowed to continue and participate in the Project course IF their presentation is satisfactory to the Advisors during the presentations beginning on Jan. 16th.

Dennis Balk/ Department Chair
admin
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:31 AM »

Dear Faculty.

I want to renew the CG Dept. polices on attendance and lateness.

I will post the guidelines (below) again on our site, and I ask you to reinforce this and remind students of these guidelines and let them know they will be enforced this term.
I ask you again, please keep accurate and ongoing attendance records and keep them on file.  New Part Time Faculty if you need help printing out a student list, either ask Pang or ask me.

IN addition, I am asking you to give me a record of this weeks attendance in all your courses at the end of this week. Please put these on my desk this Friday, or slip it under my door. I need to check on several enrollment issues and I want to see how attendance is moving at this point in the term.

Attendance records will be kept throughout the course and will be kept on record with the Department.
One unexplained absence is okay.
Two absences require extra project or one letter grade drop.
Three absences = automatic ā€œCā€
Four absences = automatic ā€œFā€

Dennis Balk
Chair, Department of Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Director, BUI Media Lab
Bangkok University International
Bangkok Thailand
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: